Uphold is one of the easiest and fastest ways to buy cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin BTC, Ethereum ETH, and Ripple XRP from the US and all around the world.
No Financial Advice, Information only. Do your own research
What is Uphold?
Uphold was founded in 2013 under the name Bitreserve by Halsey Minor. in 2015 they rebranded to Uphold.
Nowadays Uphold offers trading in cryptocurrencies, stocks, commodities, currency, and metals.
One unique feature by Uphold is trading Anything for anything. They allow users to trade between assets i.e BTC to XRP (no other platform offers this and it saves users on fees).
Uphold Pros and Features
UpHold is known for being an easy-to-use exchange and trading site for cryptocurrency beginners. Here, you can buy Bitcoin and crypto with 11 clicks from signup. In addition, Uphold offers several more pros and features
- Uphold AutoPilot feature: Schedule recurring transactions and buy Bitcoin and other assets regularly
- Anything to anything – Uphold allows users to trade between assets i.e., BTC to XRP (no other platform offers this, and it saves users on fees)
- Send fiat-Receive Crypto. You send fiat currency and a recipient receives the transfer in crypto.
- Direct funds withdrawal: Uphold sends to a bank, crypto exchange, or private wallet without intermediaries.
- Access to 7 blockchain networks: this is more than Coinbase offers.
- Limit orders feature – set up orders to 50 at one time. without having to secure a balance
Trade Equities and Precious Metals on UpHold
UpHold offers trading with equities and precious metals on the exchange platform.
Here can US citizens buy Ripple XRP Cryptocurrency?
UpHold is one of the very few places where customers from the USA can buy and trade Ripple XRP cryptocurrency.
Uphold crypto exchange debit card deposit for ZERO fees
Uphold is the only place where you can make debit card deposits with ZERO fees. The transfer is ree and direct funding from a debit card or bak transfer.
Also, no conversion is needed even if you pay with a currency that is not a base one in your location.
Uphold Trading Fees
Uphold offers trading with cryptocurrencies, fiat currencies, metals, stocks and more for 0% trading fees.
However, they charge a spread fee and these fees are relatively high.
In the U.S. and Europe, Uphold charges a spread around between 0.8 to 1.2% on BTC and ETH.
In other parts of the world, Uphold charges a spread on BTC and ETH is around 1.8%.
Note: Spreads can be significantly higher for low-liquidity cryptos and tokens including XRP, ZIL, OXT, UPT, DOGE and others. Check rates at Preview before you trade.
Precious metals spread
Uphold charges a spread around 3% on top of the bid-ask prices.
Fiat currencies Spread
Uphold charges a spread around 0.2% between major national currencies such as EUR, USD, and GBP.
Uphold charges a spread around 1.0% within market hours.
For trading outside market hours, they add a small spread based on the stock’s volatility.
Uphold Master Debit Card Pros and Cons
Pros with Uphold debit card
- Possible to but directly with crypto
- 2% cashback on crypto purchases
- 1% cashback on purchases with fiat currency
- Physical and virtual cards are available
Cons with Uphold card
- The card is not free
- Be careful with the 2% cashback on crypto since Uphold market fees as free but the exchange rate is bad instead (Uphold earn money on a large spread here)
- Still waiting list for many users (Not available in thee US)
Uphold KYC Verification
Uphold KYC verification process is an easy, two minute process.
To verify your identity, you must:
- Hold a valid government-issued photo ID with minimum 3 months to expire (Passport, National ID card, or Driver’s license).
- Be ready to take a live selfie and photos of your ID (digital copies are not accepted and will fail causing you delay).
Uphold Staking and Earning
Uphold has a staking feature for Proof Of Stake (PoS) cryptocurrencies.
With this Uphold feature you can earn a passive income and generate yield on your crypto holdings.
Uphold Trading products
Uphold offers several different categories of trading products
- Cryptocurrencies (104 cryptos)
- Stablecoins (10 stablecoins)
- Precious metals (5 markets)
- Fiat currencies (27 markets)
- U.S. Equities (50 markets)
- Environmental Assets (Carbon credit token, Bitcoin Zero)
Uphold Supported and Excluded Countries
Uphold has a quite extensive list of countries they don’t serve and countries they used to serve but have limited their features now.