Here we will go through how you can buy Bitcoin using your Skrill money. Skrill is an online wallet and many people are interested to use their Skrill money to buy Bitcoin.
So, what are the different approaches to buy Bitcoin via Skrill?
First of all, you can purchase Bitcoin directly via Skrill. See our step-by-step guide below to do this.
Also, you can use an exchange that accept Skrill as payment methods, like Bitpanda.
Or, you can use a peer to peer exchange and find anyone who are willing to accept Skrill money to give up his or her Bitcoin. Examples of Bitcoin peer to peer exchanges are Localbitcoin and Paxful.
How can I buy Bitcoin with Skrill?
Skrill, formerly known as Monerybookers, now offers its customers the ability to instantly buy and sell cryptocurrencies through its platform.
Skrill is one of the leading online payment system providers and part of the well-known Paysafe Group.
And with more than 16 years on the online payment front, it has become one of the most used digital platforms on the Internet. In this guide, we will provide you with ways on how to buy Bitcoin with skrill.
Exchange your Skrill balance to Bitcoin through Skrill
Skrill has introduced a new feature that allows users to exchange fiat currencies like dollars and Euros to Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and Litecoin. However, the service is not available in all countries. So you check first if your country is supported.
- Sign up or log in to your Skrill account.
- In My Account find the dashboard on the left hand side.
- On the Dashboard, scroll down to “EXCHANGE” and click it.
- Select your currency of choice.
- Enter the amount of money you want to exchange to Bitcoin.
- Click Next.
- Your balance will appear immediately after the exchange.
- Skrill charges 1.5% to 3% for exchanging your balance to Bitcoin.
Buy Bitcoin with Skrill through Bitpanda
Bitpanda is a cryptocurrency exchange based in Australia. The platform allows you to trade Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecon (LTE), and other coins. Bitpanda accepts Skrill and other payment methods like EPA and SOFORT. It also supports traditional payment methods like Visa and MasterCard.
- Create an account at Bitpanda
- Log in to your Bitpanda account and click “Buy”.
- Select the amount of BTC you want to buy.
- Select Skrill as your payment option.
- Receive your BTC and you are done.
Note that trading fees are incorporated in the platform’s prices for each cryptocurrency. Also, only EUR transactions are accepted, which suits the European buyers and sellers.
Buy Bitcoin with Skrill at LocalBitcoins
LocalBitcoins is a peer-to-peer marketplace for trading Bitcoin locally for real-world currencies. To buy Bitcoin with Skrill:
- Create a LocalBitcoins account
- Fill all the required information
- Browse sellers pages. You may want to choose traders with a good reputation and positive reviews.
- Negotiate terms to purchase Bitcoin.
There are many traders at LocalBitcoins that will accept Skrill as a payment method. Also, check limits first because each trader has some limits.
Buy Bitcoin with Skrill at Paxful
Paxful is a peer to peer exchange offering 361 different ways to buy Bitcoin. Skrill is one of these options and here is a step-by-step guide to buy Bitcoin via Skrill on Paxful.
- Sign up and create an account with Paxful
- Click “Buy Bitcoin” in the header menu
- Click “Show all” Buy Bitcoin options
- Now you will get a popup as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Write “Skrill” in the search bar and click on it.
- Now you will get all available Bitcoins you can buy via Skrill on Paxful.
Buy Bitcoin with Skrill Summary
It is worth bearing in mind there aren’t many options when it comes to buying BTC with Skrill and other similar payment systems like PayPal. This is because transactions carried out through these platforms are reversible. Bitcoin transactions, on the other hand, are irreversible. For this reason, crypto exchanges that accept Skrill and PayPal normally put an outrageous transactions fee to cover the potential risk of fraud.