Are you looking for the best Bitcoin BTC interest rates and the highest APY?
Welcome, you have come to the right place.
Read about how you can earn more Bitcoin by depositing into interest and saving accounts.
This article guides investing in Bitcoin to earn passive income on your Bitcoin and crypto holdings.
Do you hold other cryptocurrencies and want to earn the best interest rates and staking rewards?
Go to our full table with the list of all the best crypto interest rates APY and staking rewards.
No Financial Advice, Information only. Do your own research
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency created in January 2009.
The white paper from 2009 describes the idea and technical details of Bitcoin.
The title was “Bitcoin: A peer-to-peer electronic cash system,” released by the anonymous and pseudonymous Satoshi Nakamoto.
Bitcoin offers (compared to the traditional currency system)
- Decentralized Authority (No central authority dictates the protocol)
- Finite Supply (No more than 21 million Bitcoin will ever be created)
- Full Transparency (The ledger of all transaction history is publicly available)
- Fast international transactions for a low cost
- No restrictions on who can obtain a Bitcoin account (Inclusion into the financial system)
- No single point of failure (In practice, impossible to hack the system)
Table: Best Bitcoin BTC interest Rates and Highest APY
In the table below, we have listed all the best Bitcoin BTC interest rates with the highest APY.
We believe depositing into crypto interest accounts is the best crypto HODL long-term investment strategy for beginners.
Nexo Bitcoin BTC Interest Account
Nexo Bitcoin interest account is quite attractive in terms of deposit requirements. You do not have a minimum amount of cryptos that need to be deposited, nor do you have any timeline limitations.
Thus, you can deposit, earn daily, and withdraw at your leisure. In addition, the interest rate is up to 8% annually, higher than with other platforms. Read more about Nexo wallet loyalty levels and interest rates 2022.
- No minimum deposit requirements
- Daily compound interest payouts
- Interest for fiat currencies (No other platform offers this)
- Exchange feature launched
- NEXO crypto credit card
- You must hold NEXO tokens, opt-in to receive interest in NEXO tokens, and lock your funds for one month to receive the best interest rates.
Midas Investment Bitcoin BTC Interest Rates
Midas Investment is a centralized and custodial investment platform for cryptocurrencies. It means they control the private keys once you deposit your cryptocurrencies.
Midas Investment has managed to accumulate over 18,000 investors and raise more than $22 million in assets.
Midas Investment generates yield and interest rates by using different strategies within the Defi ecosystem. Read more about Midas Investment Defi strategies and review.
Yield App Bitcoin BTC Interest Rates
YIELD App is a custodial online investment platform. Here, you can earn great interest rates on Bitcoin BTC and other cryptocurrencies.
The yield app has tier levels and a native token YLD. You can reach higher tier levels by staking or locking the YLD token.
While the Yield app itself is custodial it offers exposure to Defi and other digital asset investment strategies.
Read more about Yield app tier levels and interest rates in our review.
Binance Bitcoin BTC staking Rewards
Binance offered among the best Bitcoin passive income opportunities when the Binance locked saving is available for Bitcoin. However, these terms can be filled up and are not always available. For example, when we did check on the 19h of Jan 2022, all locked savings accounts were filled up, and the only available term was Binance flexible saving for 3%.
At Binance, you can earn passive income on almost all your different cryptocurrencies at a very competitive rate.
Binance Earn as passive income
The Binance Earn section is where you can earn Bitcoin passive income and interest on your cryptocurrencies.
The easiest way to navigate here is to click on
- Finance -> Binance Earn
Here, you can search for any cryptocurrency you want to earn interest in.
Once you have searched, you will get all available alternatives for that particular cryptocurrency.
There are several categories Binance is offering you to earn interest. These categories are
- Locked Staking
- BNB Vault
- ETH 2.0 Staking
Read more about Binance features in our Binance review.
Get -20% on all fees charged by Binance with our referral code
Crypto.com Bitcoin BTC Interest Account and Bonus
Crypto.com has a feature called Earn in their mobile app, a Bitcoin and crypto interest account. Here you can deposit your crypto and lock it for different periods:
- Flexible account
- One month
- Three months
The different Bitcoin interest rates are based on the lock-up period and your CRO staking amount.
- 1.5-4.5 %, if you stake less than $400 in CRO
- 2-6.5 %, if you stake more than $4.000 in CRO
- 2-8.5 %, if you stake more than $40.000 in CRO
The CRO staking will also help you get a CRO Visa prepaid card with better rewards.
You can get a $25 bonus when you sign up with the Crypto.com app with our Crypto.com referral code. You need to deposit and stake CRO worth $400 to release the bonus.
Crypto.com also has a desktop version where that offers somewhat different features. Here, you can stake your CRO for a passive income or deposit to Crypto.com Supercharger, which you can read more about in our dedicated article.
You have to lock your CRO for six months for the CRO staking in the exchange. After that, you will get lower trading fees and more rewards, as shown in the screenshot below.
You can get a 2% deposit bonus, up to 500 CRO, when you sign up via us to the Crypto.com exchange, which is a web application different from the mobile application.
– High-interest rate on your locked CRO
– Additional benefits like the Crypto.com Supercharger and lower trading fees
– You have to lock your CRO stake for 180 days which you can unlock earlier, but then you will not receive any accumulated interest rate
Crypto.com SignUp Bonus
When you signup with Crypto.com via our referral link and stake CRO for a Ruby metal VISA card ($400) you will get $25 in a welcome bonus. The ruby card will give you 2% cashback on all purchases and 100% back on Spotify.
Crypto.com Referral Code: mcmk7qgbhh
Kraken Bitcoin BTC Interest Rate
Kraken offers to stake in more cryptocurrencies than Coinbase.
In the screenshot below, you can see all available cryptocurrencies and the rates you will receive.
It’s straightforward to start staking with Kraken.
- Deposit staking assets – Buy assets or fund your Kraken account with one of the assets that are eligible for staking below.
- Select an asset to stake – Choose from the available support in your spot wallet.
- Earn rewards as passive income – You will receive rewards from your staked assets twice a week.
YouHodler Bitcoin Interest Rate
YouHodler gives a 4.8% interest rate on the Bitcoin saving account.
YouHodler has no lock-up periods and no native token staking requirements.
You must deposit a minimum of $100 equivalent, and you can earn interest on a maximum of $100.000 equivalents.
If you are a Bitcoin Cash hodler, YouHodler offers the best Bitcoin Cash BCH interest rates APY.
Pros and Cons YouHodler
- No native token requirement
- No lock-up periods
- Many different withdrawal fees
- Minimum $100 deposit and maximum $100.000
Bitcoin Interest Account and Risks
All investments involve a particular risk. It´s a part of their definition.
However, the difficult part is to identify and quantify the risks. Therefore, we will help you to identify some risks. Still, the quantification is very individual based on factors such as (what time horizon you invest for, how much of your total portfolio you are investing, how you diversify your investments, etc.)
These risks are associated with a Bitcoin interest account on a 3rd party account. A 3rd party are online crypto lending platforms or exchanges like Binance, NEXO, Celsius, Blockfi etc.
- The 3rd party can go bankrupt. For example, CRED, a crypto interest account provider, went bankrupt.
- The company can be hacked, which has happened to several exchanges, including Binance, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, etc. However, almost all crypto exchanges have managed to refund in different ways after a hack. Mt Gox is an exception.
- The company can be a scam seen by many cloud mining companies, for example.
- Custody of keys. Your private keys function as a verification mechanism embedded in your crypto wallet and you give them up once you deposit them to a 3rd party platform. A famous among cryptocurrency enthusiasts are “Not your keys, not you coins“.
Read our dedicated article about crypto risk management strategies 2022.
Cryptocurrency Investment Risks
The above-mentioned risks are only associated with interest-earning products and what risks come with investing with them, especially 3rd party investment platforms.
However, there are also certain risks involved with just investing and holding cryptocurrencies you should be aware of.
Some of these risks are
- Cryptocurrencies are volatile since it’s still a relatively new investment class
- The taxable events of cryptocurrencies are still uncleared for some assets and transactions even though there are some clarities for the large cryptocurrencies and the major transaction categories.
- Some people report problems to exchange into fiat currencies and deposit into a traditional bank account. The traditional banks have started to make harder AML controls.
How to pay tax on Bitcoin BTC interest Payouts?
You have to pay tax on your Bitcoin BTC interest payouts. Report crypto tax is a straightforward procedure if you create an account with crypto tax software.
Crypto tax software can help you automatically import all your transactions via an API and categorize them accordingly to the correct tax category.
In addition, you can manually add transactions via a CSV file.
We recommend Koinly and Cointracking as crypto tax software, and they support 20+ countries and offer a free version.
Where to buy Bitcoin BTC Cryptocurrency?
There are many great exchanges to buy Bitcoin BTC, but we have isolated the two best places to buy Bitcoin.
- The best crypto exchange to buy Bitcoin BTC for non-US customers
- The best crypto exchange to buy Bitcoin for US customers
Best place to buy Bitcoin BTC for non US residents
Binance is the world’s largest crypto exchange and the best place to buy Bitcoin BTC.
However, they don´t accept US customers.
Best place to buy Bitcoin BTC for US residents
Kraken and Coinbase are the two largest and most regulated US crypto exchanges.
Both of them are good, but Kraken has more reasonable fees.
Earn the Best Interest Rates APY on your Altcoin Holdings
Can I also earn interest on my USDT holdings?
Yes, you can earn great interest rates on your USDT stablecoin holdings.
In addition, USDT can give you among the best yields, and you can find interest rates of +12%.
Read more about the best USDT interest rates.
How to earn the best Bitcoin Cash BCH interest rates?
Several companies are offering great interest rates for Bitcoin Cash BCH. Nexo and Youhodler are offering you the to earn incredible APY on your BCH deposits.
Here, we have listed all the best Bitcoin CASH BCH interest rates and staking rewards.
No Financial Advice, Information only. Do your own research