In this article, we list the best Solana SOL interest rate so you can earn the highest ROI on your SOL holdings.
Solana is an up-and-coming proof-of-stake network on which many applications are being built.
It´s crucial to get the best interest rate on your SOL since this will have an enormous impact on your long-term holdings. Also, don´t forget to check out all the best crypto interest rates APY and staking rewards opportunities if you hold more cryptocurrencies than SOL.
Here, we list all the best possibilities to earn Solana SOL interest and passive income. However, if you are interested in the fundamentals of crypto passive income, you might want to read our guide on how to earn interest on cryptocurrency 2021.
No Financial Advice, Information only. Do your own research
List: the Best Solana SOL interest rates
In the list below, you can see the best Solana SOL interest rate from Binance and MyCointainer.
Binance is the largest crypto exchange with many different products, including Binance Earn, where you can earn an interest rate on your crypto holdings.
MyCointainer is mainly a staking service, but it also has other features, like an exchange and airdrops.
We believe depositing into crypto interest accounts is the best crypto HODL long-term investment strategy for beginners.
Did You Like The Table? Share it among your crypto Community
Binance Earn - The best Solana SOL interest rate
As you can see in the table below, you can get other Solana SOL interest rates on Binance if you don’t like to lock your funds for a certain period.
Binance Earn Pros and Cons
- Binance has the best Solana SOL interest rate among many other great interest rates for other cryptocurrencies.
- Binance is the world’s largest crypto exchange
- You will have to lock your funds for 60 days to receive the best Solana SOL interest rate.
Binance Earn with the best interest rates
Kraken Solana SOL staking interest rates
It´s possible to stake your Solana SOL on Kraken to earn an interest of 6.5%.
Kraken is among the largest regulated crypto exchanges on the market. Also, they have lower fees, better interest rates, and staking rewards than Coinbase. On top of that, they also have more alternatives than Coinbase.
If you are interested in earning staking rewards with Kraken, read about the best Polkadot DOT interest rates at Kraken.
Also, you can read more about Kraken in our Kraken USA crypto exchange review.
Kraken Pros and Cons
- Good staking rewards
- Among the lowest fiat EUR and USD withdrawal fees and exchange fees
- Regulated and licensed US crypto exchange
- Polkadot DOT parachain auctions listed
- Few cryptocurrencies available for staking rewards
Earn Solana SOL interest with MyCointainer
With MyCointainer, you can get a reasonable interest rate on your Solana SOL holdings of 7.2%.
In addition, there are no lock-up periods on MyCointainer.
MyCointainer is automatic staking and masternode staking platform for users to generate staking rewards in the form of tokens.
With MyCoinTainer you can stake multiple Proof-of-Stake crypto assets in one single place.
In addition, MyCoinTainer is offering additional services to its customers
- They have a built-in exchange.
- Give the possibility to earning with community initiatives by assisting in developing the platform;
- They inform customers about giveaways.
- They share the latest insights into the world of crypto
MyCointainer OU is an Estonian company supported by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communication.
It is also regulated by the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) and possesses a license for providing exchanging services and wallet management. The platform is available in 8 languages and supports mobile staking – crypto enthusiasts can track their rewards in the applications both on Android and iOS devices.
MyCoinTainer has the best Terra LUNA interest rate and staking rewards.
Crypto.com App Solana SOL interest Rates
With the Earn feature in the Crypto.com app, you can interest rate on your Solana SOL holdings.
How much interest earn you can earn on your Solana SOL depends on two things
- How much CRO you have staked
- For how long do you lock your funds (flexible, one month, three months)
Crypto.com Earn Pros and Cons
- Great sign up bonus of $25
- High-interest rates (If you stake CRO and lock your funds)
- User-friendly app
- Crypto.com Supercharger CRO staking feature
- Many cryptocurrencies
- Crypto.com is offering the best Crypto debit VISA card cashback and rewards.
- You have to stake CRO and lock your funds to receive the best interest rates.
Crypto.com SignUp Bonus
When you signup with Crypto.com via our referral link and stake CRO for a Ruby metal VISA card ($400) you will get $25 in a welcome bonus. The ruby card will give you 2% cashback on all purchases and 100% back on Spotify.
Crypto.com Referral Code: mcmk7qgbhh
NEXO Wallet Solana Interest Rates APY
NEXO has among the best Solana SOL interest rate APY. Here, you can earn up to 8% yearly interest on your SOL deposits. In addition, NEXO is a relatively safe, regulated, licensed crypto interest account company.
The base interest rate is 4%, but there is a possibility to reach up to 8% by making these three bullet points
- 1-10% of all holdings in the NEXO token
- Chose to receive all interest payouts in the NEXO token
- Lock your funds (Usually for one month at a time)
NEXO wallet Pros and Cons
- High crypto and stablecoin interest rates
- Daily compound interest payouts
- Great app and desktop interface
- Exchange feature
- Good fiat on-ramp possibilities
- High fiat interest rates
- NEXO crypto Mastercard
- High requirements to receive the best interest rate (Read more in our linked NEXO wallet review above)
What are the risks with Solana Sol interest rates?
As for any investments, investment in cryptocurrencies involve a specific risk. On top of that, investing cryptocurrencies in yield products, like interest accounts or staking adds another layer of risk.
Always weigh the risk versus the rewards before you invest in something.
Never invest what you can´t afford to lose.
Let´s summarize some of the risks you face with Solana SOL interest products:
- The company you deposit into can go bankrupt
- The company you deposit into can be hacked
- The cryptocurrency you own can lose in value (Also, some of the above companies have a lock-up periods, and you might not be able to sell in time)
How to minimize the risks?
One crucial thing to handle is risk diversification.
Some examples of risk diversification are
- Limit your crypto exposure risk by not investing all your savings into cryptocurrencies
- Invest in more than only one cryptocurrency
- Do not invest all your cryptocurrencies into the same exchange or interest saving account.
Read more about crypto risk management.
Where to buy or sell Solana SOL?
When you are ready to earn the best Solana SOL interest rates, you probably ask yourself how to buy SOL?
Well, there are three great crypto exchanges for buying SOL
- 1 for non-US residents
- 2 for US residents and non-US residents
Best place to buy Solana SOL for non US residents
It´s easy to find the best place to buy or sell Solana SOL cryptocurrency. Follow these steps
Best place to buy Solana SOL for US residents
You will also find Coinbase Exchange in the screenshot below. Coinbase is the world’s largest regulated crypto exchange and a great way to buy Solana SOL.
You also might want to check Kraken exchange if you are a US resident.
What is Solana?
Solana is the fastest blockchain globally and the fastest-growing ecosystem in crypto, with over 400 projects spanning Defi, NFTs, Web3, and more.
Is Solana infliationary? Solana Tokenomics
It´s essential to understand the inflationary rate and the basic tokenomics for a cryptocurrency or a token before deciding whether or not the interest rate is reasonable.
If the inflationary rate is higher than the interest rate, you lose your total ownership of the market value over time.
Make sure your interest rate exceeds or equals the inflationary rate of the cryptocurrency.
Solana’s initial inflation rate is 8% annually, decreasing by 15% year-over-year, reaching a long-term fixed inflation rate of 1.5% annually.
This is very important to understand, especially when comparing how much you can earn between different cryptocurrency projects. Some might have an excellent yield, which will give you a great ROI in the number of coins. However, if the inflation rate exceeds the interest payouts, your investment might lose value.
For more information regarding Solana and it´s tokenomics, see the video below published by CoinBureau.
How to Pay tax on Solana SOL interest earnings?
Yes, you have to pay tax on your Solana SOL interest earnings. However, its not obvious how you should report tax on your interest earnings.
Luckily, this is an easy procedure with one of the best crypto tax software out there. We recommend Cointracking or Koinly simply because they have the most user-friendly interfaces we have tested. In addition, they support 20+ countries and basically all exchanges and wallets out there.
In addition, they both have a free version.