This article lists the best Terra LUNA interest rates and staking rewards.
In addition, we provide information on what Terra is and how you should report tax on your Terra LUNA interest payout.
Make sure you find the best crypto interest rates APY and staking rewards for your crypto holdings since this will considerably impact your long-term portfolio value.
Best Terra LUNA Interest Rates
In the table below, we list the best Terra LUNA interest rates and staking rewards.
As you can see, the providers are limited. However, the staking rewards with MyCointainer are very good.
*Sign up bonus with terms and conditions
**Reduction in fees
Binance Earn and Terra LUNA
Binance Earn offers a lot of great interest and taking opportunities, including Terra LUNA.
As you can see in the screenshot below, Binance is offering two different products for earning Terra LUNA interest
As you can see in the screenshot, there are two main differences
- Flexible staking has flexible withdrawals, while locked staking has a lock-up period of 30 or 60 days
- Locked staking is offering the best Terra LUNA interest rates
MyCointainer - Best Terra LUNA Interest Rate
MyCointainter is offering the best Terra LUNA interest rate. MyCoinTainer is a platform for earning staking rewards on Proof of Stake cryptocurrencies.
With MyCoinTainer you can deposit many different cryptocurrencies, including LUNA, to earn passive income and staking rewards.
MyCoinTainer is a simple to use and very user-friendly platform.
MyCointainer Pros and Cons
- Easy to use
- Charging small fees
- It supports many different cryptocurrencies
- Have great interest rates and staking rewards
- Relatively small platform compared to Binance, Celsius, Kraken, Crypto.com, or NEXO (Which are other platforms we use)
- Relatively new platform compared to Kraken and Coinbase.
Celsius Network Terra LUNA interest rates and Bonuses
Celsius Network offers a competitive interest rate for Terra Luna, 5.05%. Also, you can get up to 6.35% if you achieve the highest loyalty level and receive your payments in the CEL token.
Celsius Network is an excellent mobile application where you can earn interest in various cryptocurrencies and stablecoins.
Here, you will get reasonable rates and a friendly interface from one of the first centralized crypto companies offering interest accounts.
Celsius has one of the best welcome bonuses among all crypto interest account providers. In addition, they also have deposit bonuses that are separated from the welcome bonus, where you can get $10-$2000.
Celsius Pros and Cons
- Easy to use
- No withdrawal fees
- $50 welcome bonus
- $50-$2000 additional deposit bonuses
- Interest rates change quite often
Celsius SignUp Bonus
Celsius has a great signup bonus where you will get $50 in BTC when you sign up with our referral link and deposit at least $400. The bonus will be released after 30 days.
Crypto.com andTerra LUNA Interest rates
The Crypto.com app earns feature offers Terra LUNA interest rates of 0.5-5%.
How high-interest rate you will get depends on two things
- How much CRO you have staked
- How long time you will lock your funds (Flexible, one month or three months)
Crypto.com App Earn Pros and Cons
- $25 welcome bonus
- High-interest rates (if you stake CRO)
- Lowest crypto exchange credit card deposit fee for US customers
- Very user-friendly app
- Crypto.com is offering the best Crypto debit VISA card cashback and rewards.
- High staking requirements to receive the best interest rates
- Lock-up periods of up to 3 months to receive the best interest rates
Crypto.com SignUp Bonus
When you signup with Crypto.com via our referral link and stake CRO for a Ruby metal VISA card ($400) you will get $25 in a welcome bonus. The ruby card will give you 2% cashback on all purchases and 100% back on Spotify.
Crypto.com Referral Code: mcmk7qgbhh
NEXO Terra LUNA interest Rates APY
You can receive up to 8% interest payouts with your Terra LUNA deposits with NEXO.
To receive the best interest rates on NEXO, you need to
- Hold the highest loyalty level (10% of your total capital should be in the NEXO token)
- Receive your payouts in the NEXO token
- Lock your funds (Usually for one month at a time)
Read more about the NEXO wallet review with loyalty levels and best interest rates 2022.
NEXO Pros and Cons
- High-interest rates
- Both dekstop and mobile app
- Exchange feature with 175+ trading pairs
- NEXO boost feature with up to 3x leverage
- Daily compound interest rates
- NEXO crypto credit MasterCard
- It’s hard to understand how to achieve the highest interest rates at the beginning (3 criteria to fulfill)
How to stake Terra LUNA on the network?
If you hold Terra LUNA and want to earn staking rewards without the need to trust a 3th party or centralized interest provider you can stake your Terra LUNA on the native network.
Follow these steps
- First you must own Terra LUNA. Check our guide on how to buy Terra LUNA further down
- Secondly, you must have a Terra LUNA non-custodial wallet. Check next section
- After step 1 and 2 you are ready to delegate your stake to a validator
Best Terra Luna Wallets
The best Terra LUNA non-custodial wallets are
- Ledger Nano S or X
- Terra Station (The official Terra crypto wallet to store and manage Terra tokens and assets)
Read more about how to install Terra Station.
How to stake on Terra Station?
Follow the step-by-step guide
- Open Terra Station
- Click on “Staking”
- Look for a validator. Click on the validator in the list.
- Under “My Delegation”, click “Delegate”
- In the new window that appears, specify the amount of LUNA you want to stake in the field. Always save some LUNA in your wallet for the network fees. Click on “Next”.
- Enter your password and click “Delegate”
What is Terra LUNA?
Terra Luna is the world’s biggest dual-token platform, a network with two intertwined tokens with separate utilities. LUNA coins are on its native blockchain, while Terra USD (CRYPTO: TUSD) stablecoins are on the Ethereum blockchain.
The main idea behind creating tokens is to avoid compliance issues with regulators and divide the project’s ecosystem into two tokens for better usability.
See more about Terra LUNA and some price predictions from Sheldon Evans in the video below.
Risks with earning Terra LUNA Interest and staking rewards
As for any investment, there are risks associated with earning Terra LUNA interest rate and staking rewards.
If you know the risks, you have a greater chance and possibility of managing them and reducing them.
We have identified the following risks (Note that chances can be more and also, in some cases, personal)
- The company you deposit into can go bankrupt
- The company you deposit into can be hacked
- The cryptocurrency you own can lose in value (Also, some of the above companies have a lock-up periods, and you might not be able to sell in time)
How to report tax on Terra LUNA Interest Payouts?
You need to report tax for all crypto transactions, including interest payouts and staking rewards.
For simple transfers, you don´t have to report tax. A transfer is sending Bitcoin from one wallet to another wallet.
Read more about how to report tax on crypto interest payouts.
We think Cointracking and Koinly are the two best crypto tax software on the market.
Where to buy Terra LUNA?
Follow these steps if you are looking for a great place to buy Terra LUNA.
- Go to Coingecko
- Search your cryptocurrency and click on it
- Search for the tab called “Markets.” Here, you will find all the available markets for your cryptocurrency.
We have listed two of the best Terra LUNA exchanges in the table below. These crypto exchanges are also offering interest on your Terra LUNA holdings, as you can see in the table earlier in the article.
*Reduction in fees
**Available sign up bonuses