Find all the information regarding the NEXO wallet review, loyalty levels, and interest rates for 2023.
- NEXO has the best interest lending rates among all the listed companies
- NEXO was one of the first crypto companies to implement the Merkle tree proof-of-reserves
- NEXO has 4 different loyalty tiers to acheive different benefits within the company
No Financial Advice, Information only. Do your own research
Up to $75 USDC FREE – Only September 2023! Sign Up Today!
Fund your NEXO account with at least $1,000 worth of any asset until Sep 30 in one or more top-ups with a bank transfer, card, or from an external wallet and win one of the rewards below.
- 10 USDC – 30 days with no lock-up period*
- 25 USDC – 1-month Fixed Term
- 75 USDC – 3-month Fixed Term or longer
*At any time during the 30-day no lock-up period, your balance should not fall below $800 due to market volatility or withdrawals to remain eligible.
Nexo Best Interest Rates and APY 2023
The table below shows some of the best interest rates and APY from NEXO in 2023.
For most stablecoins Nexo is offering 8-16% APY; for most cryptocurrencies, NEXO is offering 4-8% APY. However, there are exceptions like Matic and Polkadot, as seen in the table. Another great thing with NEXO is that they pay daily compound interest.
How to receive the maximum interest on Nexo?
To receive the maximum interest rate and APY, you need to fulfill three criteria
- Be a Platinum loyalty member (read more about conditions below)
- Lock your funds for one month
- Chose to receive your interest payouts in the NEXO token
Nexo IO Wallet Review 2023 Intro
Nexo offers a desktop and a mobile wallet where you can lend and borrow crypto.
You can earn crypto passive income by lending your crypto on the Nexo application.
Nexo is an EU-licensed and regulated financial institution. They have 350 million insurance on all custodial assets.
Nexo has a user base of over 4 million users and a 4.6 rating on Trustpilot.
NEXO features and services
Nexo is offering the services.
- Earn daily compounding interest on your crypto, stablecoins, and EUR, GBP, and USD
- Collateralize your crypto and borrow instantly with Nexo’s crypto credit lines
- Nexo card – Spend the value of your crypto without selling it. Get instant cashback on all purchases and take advantage of flexible repayment options and zero fees.
- Nexo exchange – Trade 175+pairs and earn up to 0.5% cash back on each swap.
How to active Earn in NEXO and receive payouts in NEXO token?
You must activate Earn in NEXO to receive the payouts in the NEXO token and access the best interest rates.
- In the NEXO app, click wallet
- Click on the cryptocurrency you want to manage
- Press on “Manage wallets.”
- Click on “Interest Breakdown”
- Click on “Saving interest preferences.”
- Here, you can choose to receive your payouts in the NEXO token
Note: Please be aware that due to regulatory restrictions, Earn in NEXO is currently not available to US clients.
How to get the best Nexo Interest Rates?
Nexo wallet offers interest rate accounts for cryptocurrencies and stablecoins.
The Nexo interest rates are
- For stablecoins, up to 16%
- For most cryptocurrencies, up to 8%
One important thing to notice when you compare interest rates between different companies is loyalty levels and in what currency the interest is paid.
For example, Crypto.com has several loyalty levels determining your interest rate. On top of that, you can also choose if you want the interest paid in their native token for Crypto.com, which will also affect your interest rate.
Read more about loyalty levels in the next section.
Nexo Loyalty Program Review 2023
In the table below, you can see all the Nexo.io loyalty levels for 2023.
The loyalty levels are elementary to calculate. However, the benefits for each loyalty level are very complicated.
You will get greater rewards the more NEXO Tokens you hold:
- Reduced borrowing rates for the Instant Crypto Credit LinesTM
- Increased yields with the Earn on Crypto & FiatX suite in conjunction with our Flex and Fixed-term deposits
- Increased number of free crypto withdrawals you can make per calendar month.
The best is that is not the total amount of NEXO tokens you own, it´s the total % of your total portfolio that is important and will determine your loyalty level.
Nexo Loyalty Levels – Is it worth it?
Let’s say you have $10.000 in Bitcoin BTC to invest and earn interest.
Let’s break it down by a few examples.
NEXO Base Level: Here, you can earn 4% +1% if you choose fixed terms (lock for one month). (Min: 4%, Max 5%)
NEXO Silver Level: You will need to hold $100 in NEXO tokens. You will earn 4.25% + 1% (fixed terms) + 0.25% if you get all the income in the NEXO tokens. (Min: 4.25%, Max 5.5%)
NEXO Gold Level: You will need to hold $500 in NEXO tokens. You will earn 4.5% + 1% (fixed terms) + 1% if you choose to get all the income in the NEXO tokens. (Min: 4.5%, Max 6.5%)
NEXO Platinum Level: You will need to hold $1000 in NEXO tokens. You will earn 5% + 1% (fixed terms) + 2% if you choose to get all the income in the NEXO tokens. (Min: 5%, Max 8%)
Nexo 4 Loyalty Levels
The Nexo loyalty levels are calculated as a ratio between Nexo tokens held in your account divided by the total portfolio value in USD.
Formula: (NEXO tokens in USD value) / (Total NEXO wallet value in USD)
- Base: No NEXO Tokens are needed
- Silver: At least 1% of the Portfolio Balance in your account must comprise NEXO Tokens.
- Gold: At least 5% of the Portfolio Balance in your account must comprise NEXO Tokens.
- Platinum: At least 10% of the Portfolio Balance in your account must comprise NEXO Tokens
Nexo Interest Loyalty Levels Benefits
There are two main benefits with the Nexo loyalty tier levels regarding the interest rate
- You will earn higher interest rates with a higher tier level
- BTC, ETH and XRP has a maximum cap for each tier level as you can see in the table below
- All other cryptocurrencies and stablecoins has no maximum cap for earning interests
All rates are flex rates in this table.
Nexo Wallet Card Review 2023
You can now sign up to get early access to the Nexo crypto card. The Nexo crypto credit card is connected to Mastercard.
The Nexo card gives you the following features.
- Freeze and unfreeze your Nexo Card with a single tap
- Receive instant notifications about all transactions
- Create free virtual cards for safe online purchases
- Monitor all your transactions in real-time
- Get 2% cashback with all purchases
- View your PIN and change it at any ATM if needed
- Accepted by 40+ million merchants worldwide
- Payments in local currencies
- NO FEES (no monthly fees, no FX fees)
What is the Nexo Exchange?
With the Nexo Exchange features, you can instantly buy, sell, and swap between 175+ market pairs within the Nexo desktop platform or the Nexo app.
There are no limits on the number of swaps you can make.
The minimum and maximum order values are $30 and $250,000, respectively.
Note: The Nexo Exchange requires Advanced Verification. The NEXO Token is currently unavailable to US citizens.
How to get cashback on each swap in the NEXO exchange?
You can earn instant cashback on every swap on the NEXO exchange.
You must ensure that at least 1% of your Portfolio Balance consists of NEXO Tokens.
The cashback you get depends on your Loyalty Tier, as you can see below
- Silver Tier. Cashback Rate: 0.10%
- Gold Tier. Cashback Rate: 0.25%
- Platinum Tier. Cashback Rate: 0.50%
What is the NEXO Booster?
The Nexo Booster is a leverage trading functionality on the NEXO exchange. As a result, you can boost your exposure to crypto without allocating additional capital.
The new feature works by using your existing crypto holdings and allowing you to borrow additional assets to grow your position in a particular investment.
You can get between 1.25x up to 3x leverage on your crypto holdings. The permitted LTV (Loan to the value of your collateral) is up to 70%.
You can also get cashback on your NEXO booster transactions. See the section above for more information about cashback.
The maximum amount per booster transaction is $250K, but you can make as many booster transactions as you want.
- Аvailable Currencies: BTC, ETH, AVAX, SOL, MATIC, LUNA, UNI, ADA, DOT, XRP, BCH, LTC, BNB, EOS, XLM, LINK, TRX, PAXG, DOGE.
What is the Nexo Token?
According to Nexo, the NEXO Token is the world’s first compliant token with utility features that will be offered to qualified investors in accordance with all applicable laws.
The NEXO Token is ERC20-compliant and embedded in the Ethereum blockchain as a smart contract.
What is the utility of the NEXO token?
A lender and a borrower on Nexo can benefit from the NEXO token.
A lender could receive higher interest rates if they chose to receive payouts in the NEXO token.
In addition, you can receive even higher interest rates if you hold a certain amount of NEXO tokens (NEXO loyalty levels)
A borrower receives better interest conditions if they hold a certain amount of NEXO tokens in the account.
By doing the above, Nexo is creating a great demand for the Nexo token.
This will be reflected in the NEXO token price in the long term, as seen in the next section.
NEXO Security Review – Is it Safe and Legit?
NEXO is a legit company with an actual business model and has taken preventive measures to keep funds safe.
However, any business can fail for several reasons. Read more about this in our article about crypto portfolio risk management.
In addition, NEXO has a historic successful operational track record and history with competitive products and interest rates on the market.
Where to Buy NEXO tokens?
It is now possible to buy the NEXO token on the NEXO exchange. NEXO supports the following trading pairs.
- NEXO / BTC
- NEXO / ETH
- NEXO / USDT
- NEXO / USDC
- NEXO / USDx
- NEXO / EURx
- NEXO / GBPx
NEXO Lending Pros and Cons
- High-interest rates
- Desktop and App versions are available
- High security and insurance
- Great track history with over 4M users
- Regulated and Insured
- NEXO card
- NEXO exchange feature
- To receive the best interest rates, you must hold the NEXO token (However, the percentage is acceptable, 10% for the highest tier level)
- To receive the highest interest rates, you must lock your funds and choose to receive payouts in the NEXO token.
How to report Tax on Nexo IO interest Payouts?
You have to report tax on your Nexo IO interest payouts. The easiest way to do this is to use crypto tax software. We prefer Koinly because it´s affordable and easy to use, even for a beginner.
Nexo IO Review 2022 Summary
We believe Nexo Io should be a part of your crypto passive income portfolio in 2022.
We have an equal portion of our total holdings in Nexo, Crypto.com, BlockFi, and Celsius.
We think these four are the most significant players regarding interest accounts and easy-of-use. Also, they have an excellent online reputation.
Compare our Nexo review with our Crypto.com app review.