Welcome to this YouHodler review for 2021.
Here, we will cover YouHodler history, features, security and interest rates.
Also, we will compare YouHodler with other crypto interest services. You will find the headlines Youhodler VS BlockFi, YouHodler VS Celsius Network and YouHodler VS NEXO.
If this is not what you are looking for you might want to check our general article about crypto passive income to navigate correct.
YouHodler Review Team and History
The YouHodler team consists of Ilya Volkov, Renat Gafarov and Alex Vinny.
Ilya Volkov is the CEO of YouHodler and has over 15 years of experience in the fintech industry.
Renat Gafarov is the CTO of YouHodler and is the blockchain architect behind several crypto exchanges.
Alex Vinny is the head of product and is a former UI/UX developer.
YouHodler Review Features
YouHodler is offering several features and is not only a place for earning interest on a saving account.
At YouHodler you can
- Get a crypto loan
- Exchange crypto, fiat and stabelcoins
- Earn interest on crypto holdings
- Boost your savings with Multi HODL
- Borrow to get more crypto with Turbo charge
YouHodler Review Security
YouHodler uses Ledger as an integrated part of it’s hot and cold crypto wallets. Ledger provides a digital asset management system with $150M pooled crime insurance for YouHodler.
With Ledger Vault, YouHodler get:
- All cold wallet private keys are isolated, stored, and encrypted.
- The access to the vault is distributed among different managers and mandatory multi-signature principles.
- Ledger never holds YouHodler’s keys. A backup recovery mechanism ensures YouHodler can independently recover the funds at any time without needing to use the Ledger platform.
YouHodler supports more than fifteen of the top cryptocurrency coins/tokens and stablecoins, of which the large majority are supported as well by Ledger.
YouHodler personal account security
In order to set the additional level of security and protect the account all users can apply one of two 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) available options:
- SMS 2FA
- Google 2FA
YouHodler Review Interest Rates
YouHodler is giving very competitive crypto interest rates to their customers.
You can see all the interest rates in the tables below where we compare YouHodler with the main competitors.
YouHodler Review VS Celsius Network
In this section we will compare YouHodler VS Celsius Network.
Celsius Network is a competitor to YouHodler and is offering similar products. They are both offering interest accounts and crypto loans.
However, Celsius Network is different since they have a native token.
Read more about Celsius Network in our Celsius Network review.
YouHodler Review VS BlockFi
In the table below we have summarized or YouHodler VS BlockFi comparison.
Pros with YoudHodler VS BlockFi
- YouHodler offers more competitive interest rates
- BlockFi also have a maximum level on which you can earn interest. However, this is per cryptocurrency and not a total amount for the portfolio
- BlockFi have no minimum limit
- BlockFi has better BTC rate for deposits < 0.5 BTC
Go to our BlockFi review if your are interested in further information about this service.
YouHodler Review VS NEXO
In the table below we have summarized YouHodler VS NEXO.
Pros with YouHodler over NEXO
- YouHodler have no loyalty system
- YouHodler have no native token
- YouHodler have in general a high interest rate as you can see in the table below
- There is a possibility to get higher interest rates with NEXO
- NEXO doesn’t have the $100K maximum limit
However, you need to hold a certain percentage Nexo tokens. Also, you need to receive your interest payouts in the Nexo token to receive the best interest rates
Summary YouHodler Review
YouHodler is a great alternative if you are looking to invest between $100 and $100.000.
Since there are no lock up periods and very easy to deposit it´s just to sign up and test the platform.